Amethyst ShadowFX is a sun and shadow analysis program for architects, designers and town planners. With the program, you can generate shadow profiles cast by buildings and other objects for any latitude, longitude and time of year.
With the program, you can:
- Interactively design window shading in 3D.
With the built-in shade designer, horizontal
overhangs, vertical fins, pergolas and screening
objects can be positioned in 3D, and animations
can be run to simulate shading effects.
- You can import your own 3D designs into the
program, and run shading animations.
- A number of polar and orthographic sun path
diagrams can be generated. Animations can be run
on these to track the movement of the sun.
- A number of reference reports can be
generated for sunrise and sunset times,
horizontal and vertical shadow angles, angles of
incidence, and shadow length and direction.
Shadow data can be generated for inclined
surface planes at any orientation for any
latitude, longitude and time of year.
- Shadow data can be saved to AutoCAD DXF file format for import into CAD programs.